Fri, JuLY 2, 2021
RVers traveling on the I80/I90 Ohio Turnpike can enjoy overnight parking with hook-ups at eight of their service plazas. We stayed at the west bound Middle Ridge Service Plaza in Amherst, Ohio. Our “site 4” was wide enough for our Bus with all four slides out and our Jeep Grand Cherokee.There was a large grassy area in the rear for the dogs. This plaza had several re staurants to choose and we chose Panera Bread. This was a great option for us and we would use again when in the area.
Their website says:
- Ohio Turnpike Plazas offer up to 11 RV parking spaces per plaza.
- Customers use the self-pay ticket machine located at the entrance to the RV lot, then display that receipt in window or on the dashboard of their vehicle.
- The Ohio Turnpike RV lots can accommodate vehicles up to 40 feet in length.
- All vehicles must be parked head-in or head-out, parking in any other direction is prohibited.
- The designated parking areas are open for occupancy for a one-night stay and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.RV parking areas offer electrical outlets (20 and 30-120V; 50 AMP-240V), a wastewater dump station for black/grey water tanks and potable water filling station, all for a $20.00 fee.
Upcoming Trip Schedule
Sat, July 3, 2021
South Haven, MI
Sunny Brook RV Resort
We will spend a week at Sunny Brook exploring the South Haven area and eastern Lake Michigan.
Miles from last stop: 277
Sat, July 10, 2021
Saint Ignace, MI
Tiki RV Park & Campground
We will spend 5-days exploring the St. Ignace, Mackinac Island area and the upper peninsula region of Lake Michigan.
Miles from last stop: 316
Thu, July 15, 2021
Bay Ridge RV Park
We will spend 3-days exploring more of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula approximately 40 miles east of Escanaba.
Miles from last stop: 114